What is it about?
We Move Together is a bold and colourful exploration of all the ways that people navigate through the spaces around them and a celebration of the relationships we build along the way. We Move Together follows a mixed-ability group of kids as they creatively negotiate everyday barriers and find joy and connection in disability culture and community.
Who is it for?
We recommend this book for kids and grownups alike! With inviting words, detailed illustrations, and a kid-friendly glossary, We Move Together is a great tool for families, schools, and libraries to facilitate conversations about disability, accessibility, social justice, and community building.
Where can I get it?
- June 4, 11 am: Celebrate National Accessibility Week with We Move Together!
- A Book for Every Body: Toronto Book Celebration May 15, 3- 5 pm!
- May 5 Workshop: Teaching Disability Justice with We Move Together at Brooklyn Public Library
- April 21: Virtual story and craft time at Lincolnwood Library!
- We Move Together named OLA Best Bets of 2021!