What is it about?
We Move Together is a bold and colourful exploration of all the ways that people navigate through the spaces around them and a celebration of the relationships we build along the way. We Move Together follows a mixed-ability group of kids as they creatively negotiate everyday barriers and find joy and connection in disability culture and community.
Who is it for?
We recommend this book for kids and grownups alike! With inviting words, detailed illustrations, and a kid-friendly glossary, We Move Together is a great tool for families, schools, and libraries to facilitate conversations about disability, accessibility, social justice, and community building.
Where can I get it?
Pick up We Move Together from AK Press, your favourite independent bookstore, online everywhere, or ask for it at your local library.
- We Move Together wins 2022 Harriet McBryde Johnson Award!
- New review in Briarpatch calls We Move Together “the greatest book on Earth.”
- We Move Together wins best educational picture book
- June 4, 11 am: Celebrate National Accessibility Week with We Move Together!
- A Book for Every Body: Toronto Book Celebration May 15, 3- 5 pm!